Northeast Tennessee Waterfalls

A blog dedicated to Tennessee waterfalls in the Mountain Empire. There will be a few from Virginia & North Carolina too.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Waterfalls in Tennessee

This blog will serve to inform others about the beautiful waterfalls of this great state. Feel free to comment. I will draw from Greg Plumb's book "Waterfalls of Tennessee." However, I want to only post after I have actually been there. And I will post some close to Tennessee such as ones in North Carolina.

If you want to buy Mr. Plumb's book, then go here. The ISBN # for the 1996 edition is 1570720576 .

3 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, this is going to be very helpful to me. I am actually wanting to find a local (*breath taking*) waterfall to get married by. Hopefully having the actual waterfall in sight during the ceremony! I would love to hear back from all of you for some ideas! Thanks! Missy

     
  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger SmittysMCtours said...

    Haven't seen anything on here about Bald River Falls near the Tennessee end of the Cherohala Skyway. Its a 100 foot waterfalls and you cross a bridge on a Rangers access road less that 100 yards from the falls. Theres a parking area at the end of the bridge. Beautiful as is the Skyway and well worth the trip !!!

    Smitty

     
  • At 5:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Could anyone tell me some waterfalls that do not require any or very much walking to see. We will be going to Tennessee (Smoky Mountains) in June 2009. My sister had surgery in December and will be a lot better by then but would like to see waterfalls without a long hike. Thanks for any info.
    Debbie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home